GSEA Competition Disclaimer
The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards reserves the right to require at any time that any competitor sign an affidavit that they meet each of the eligibility requirements described in the application form at any point and continuously throughout the applicable competition. In addition, any awards are subject to forfeiture and/or repayment if determined that the awardees were not in compliance.
Review panel will be asked to treat all applications with complete confidentiality. We will also ask a review panel member to remove himself or herself from the evaluation if we believe, in our sole discretion, that he or she has a conflict of interest.
Entrants should feel free to mark plans as confidential and exclude any information that is considered to be truly proprietary.
Judges, mentors, staff, legal counsel and any individual attending any public sessions of the competitions will not be required to agree to or sign non-disclosure, confidentiality or other similar agreements.
All public sessions of the competition, including the final oral business presentations will be open to the public. Any information or data discussed in the public sessions should be considered information that is likely to enter the public domain. Competitors should not assume any right of confidentiality to any information presented or discussed in public sessions. Please be aware that members of the media, potential competitors, and members of the financial community may attend public sessions.
By participating in the competition, competitors agree that the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards or Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) assumes no liability, and shall have no liability or obligation whatsoever for disclosures of information provided by a competitor as part of a submission or otherwise during the course of the competitions.
Failure to comply with these requirements may result in disqualification at any time in the sole discretion of the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards.
The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards holds the final say in all disputes and may at any time require that a finalist or winner of any cash or service award that failed to comply with requirements set forth above throughout the applicable competition forfeit and/or repay any such award. Guidelines and rules for any or all of the competitions are subject to change at any time within the scope of the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards mission.
Live Competition Policies
- Competitors can only watch the other presentations after they themselves have presented.
- Only the finalist can take part in the presentation. Other individuals may help with setup; however, these individuals are not permitted to present and are not included in the award package.
- If there is an interruption during the presentation period which results in the stoppage of the presentation, the room moderator/timekeeper will allocate additional time to the student presenter as interpreted by the timekeeper for adjustment. The timekeeper has final decision on the addition of time due to interruption.
- Students must follow the rules and procedures as outlined in the ‘Finalist Guide.’
- Competitors can bring sample products. Competitors may share food samples as necessary to demonstrate their product, but may not give complimentary samples outside of their presentation.
- Any deliberate action taken by a competitor or their agent to disrupt, damage or impair other competitors before or during the presentations will be cause for disqualification from the competition.
- The failure of competitors and their agents to comply within the terms outlined in the ‘Finalist Guide’ and/or the policies of this document may result in the disqualification of the competitor.